Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"We gonna light it up, like it's dynamite!"

Hannah and I took our daily power walk (don't judge me, the air pollution is horrible here) but we went a little further to a kind of park by their man-made lake. It's not the kind of park you picture in your mind, because there is hardly any grass in China. Bless you America. Anyways, so at this park they have the big section that looks like a playground, but it's not! They are devices (not electric) used to work out. I'm sure little kids could play on them if they wanted, but they are there for everyone to get some exercise. So Hannah and I had tons of fun going around and trying everything.



Of course there were many people just standing there, watching us. One cleaning lady was standing like 5 feet away from me, just blatantly staring. But... you can't get too irritated over it because it's not rude to stare here in China. Which is something I really think should be changed immediately. There was this guy probably about 75, who was amazing! Seriously, he was pretty much more flexible than I was, and was super strong. He could hold out his legs parallel while holding onto bars, like they do in the olympics! Over yonder there was another older man doing a bunch of sweet flips on the high bar! What the heck? I could barely do the monkey bars, I don't how I did that when I was a child, those things hurt my hands. But it was fun to mess around, everyone thought we were so funny. One guy even was taking pictures of us with this super nice camera, yes I did some model poses for him.

When we were leaving we went around the corner and both turned on "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, on our ipods and had a much needed dance party by ourselves. It was SO fun. There was a group of 20 people just standing there watching us, but we didn't care, we were just dancin away! It had been building up for both of us for a while. Dance parties really are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment