Friday, April 1, 2011

Why?

Why do I procrastinate so much? It's just ridiculous.

I'm choreographing a clogging dance and I've had weeks to do it. I had the cut of the song and everything. Do I work on the dance a little bit each day so I can really get it down and make it awesome? No. No, I wait until the day before I'm supposed to teach it and knock it all out in one night, which leaves me feeling unsure and freaking tired.

And it's not just with this, it's EVERYTHING. I always convince myself that things will go better if I just wait. It's ok if I wait until tonight to to do my essay because I always get creative at night. What? No, Hailey, you do NOT get creative at night. The only thing you get at night is a huge dose of tiredness. And I know that in the back of my mind, but I never listen to myself! I can put this off until later because I know I won't forget about it. Wrong. I do. I always do. Good things never come out of procrastination.

I just wish I was one of those people who are always on top of things. I want to be organized and be able to manage my time so I don't ever have a run-in with Mr. Procrastination from hell. Obviously I could be that kind of a person if I really tried. Which, why shouldn't I? I'm no superwoman but I do have the brains to make a simple schedule for myself.

Who's with me?? Don't let procrastination grab hold of your hair and pull you into the swamp of regret!



4 comments:

  1. totally a procrastinator too. it must be in our blood. :) did you get your dance done? how did it go today?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but what about the rush of adrenaline that only comes from an, "OH CRAP, I totally forgot and now I have t-minus 8 hours to get it done, so what if those hours are for sleeping" moments. Being organized is overrated and leads to a more boring existence without the excitement of an impending deadline :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be good when you finish it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did indeed finish it! And may I say, it is pretty sweet

    ReplyDelete